Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Landscaping 2013

We spent the Memorial Day Weekend landscaping. Ryan Homes gave us a "starter" landscape, but i hated it. Everything ran downhill, so I decided i wanted to level everything out. A small retaining wall seemed to be the best way to go.I went to Home Depot to buy my landscaping rock for the retaining wall. I used 130 block for around 32 feet. The largest part of the wall is 2 1/2 feet. I also extended the landscaping past our light post (which everyone else already has).

Before pictures
I used stone from when the next door was excavated. I didnt know the stone would completely deteriorate after time.





 
 
Day 2
 
 








Almost Finished Project
We have some more to plant, but this is the almost finished product.
The tree to the left is a weeping cherry.












And of course
Before & After

 
 
........
 

 
 
 
.......
 
 







6 comments:

  1. That looks great!! Did you do it by yourself....? Not sure if we can tackle a project of a retainer wall....nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my father in law and I did it. Neither of us have any experience in landscaping. Im sure you can do it too!

      Delete
  2. You all have done a FANTASTIC job!! I love how you built up a wall to create character and mystery. I would suppose a retainer wall is only suited for certain homes. Is that true or what is the general rule. I am clueless. I want sometime special in our yard plus we have brick and it seems appropriate for you to use stone which compliments the stone on your exterior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Im really not knowledgeable with retaining walls. Im not sure what kind of homes are better suited. The only reason we built our was because our landscaping ran downhill and I wanted to level everything out. Thanks for the compliments.

      Delete
  3. You're right. It looks better with a retaining wall instead of sloping downwards. Good job doing it all by yourselves! The starter landscape was definitely basic, and there's just something wrong in the proportions. I think you did great correcting that.

    Pro Cut Lawncare and Landscaping

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things. san diego landscape companies

    ReplyDelete